Focus On Your Goals by Alwyn Cosgrove:
"I'm currently working on a physique transformation project with an actor on a new NBC tv show, where he plays a cop (currently an out of shape cop, but as his character evolves, his body is going to 'transform').
Here's an email I got from him last week:
'I just shot a scene that required me to hold a donut for hours on end... I did not cheat and felt great about it. Got a standing ovation from the crew at the end of the scene for NOT indulging myself. '
Now think about that. How many of us HAVE TO, as part of your jobs, hold a donut for an hour? when you're hungry? Not too many.
But how many of us STILL can't resist cheating on our nutrition programs? I know people who always eat a half a loaf of bread when it comes at the restaurant.
Most people think -- 'Well - this cake won't hurt me will it?' As you can see, I get my clients to think, 'Will this help me or not? Is this a positive step or not? '
If you can see that every action that you take is either helping you lose fat or stopping you from losing fat, then you will start to make better choices. So remember that everything you put in your mouth is either for or against fat loss.
Every decision you make is either getting you closer or further away from your goals. Sure, eating one donut doesn't take you much further away from your goals, but it definitely doesn't get you closer to them.
Master that mindset and you'll rarely fail."
"I'm currently working on a physique transformation project with an actor on a new NBC tv show, where he plays a cop (currently an out of shape cop, but as his character evolves, his body is going to 'transform').
Here's an email I got from him last week:
'I just shot a scene that required me to hold a donut for hours on end... I did not cheat and felt great about it. Got a standing ovation from the crew at the end of the scene for NOT indulging myself. '
Now think about that. How many of us HAVE TO, as part of your jobs, hold a donut for an hour? when you're hungry? Not too many.
But how many of us STILL can't resist cheating on our nutrition programs? I know people who always eat a half a loaf of bread when it comes at the restaurant.
Most people think -- 'Well - this cake won't hurt me will it?' As you can see, I get my clients to think, 'Will this help me or not? Is this a positive step or not? '
If you can see that every action that you take is either helping you lose fat or stopping you from losing fat, then you will start to make better choices. So remember that everything you put in your mouth is either for or against fat loss.
Every decision you make is either getting you closer or further away from your goals. Sure, eating one donut doesn't take you much further away from your goals, but it definitely doesn't get you closer to them.
Master that mindset and you'll rarely fail."
No comments:
Post a Comment